Friday, September 30, 2005

So, it's been a while...

Sorry folks...

Just completed week one of Fall quarter, and anybody who ever said "Stanford is a country club school" or "Stanford's program isn't quantitative" or whatever is a damn lie and you can tell them that LadyRattler said so. Fall quarter is part 1 of the Core- classes that all MBA1s are required to take unless you exempt out by exam or choose to take a turbo version of. We have Modeling, Data & Decisions (Stats), Managerial Economics, Financial Accounting, and Organizational Behavior and I'm tired as hell.

The class that's been the most difficult for me to grasp is Modeling. Primarily because I'd never seen it or heard of it (The GSB makes the error of assuming that you've had some exposure or something- don't worry though, my comments about this are going in my feedback and I definitely will be talking to my professors about how difficult it was for me to start modeling not understanding its purposes, uses, or the concepts).

It's amazing to think this is only week 1 and midterms start in exactly 4 weeks. How the hell.

Gotta mention this: I don't know if it's a Cali thing or what, but people here like to begin responses with "so", i.e. Question- What are you studying in D&D? Response- So D&D is similar to Statistics.....I personally this is one of the worse ways to start an answer, and I've heard speakers, professors, everyone do it. I hope I don't pick up that habit. I can just see an interview:
Question: Tell me about yourself.
Answer: So, I'm LadyRattler,....

Anybody else just think that sounds ridiculous?? Maybe it's just me. So, I'm headed out now...

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger tiy said...

This is quiet hilarious, LdyRattler. I was reading through my blog about five seconds ago, and noticed that I begin the vast majority of my posts with So. So I decided not to fight it.

I never noticed it before today. I think it's a way to put the listener in the thick of the story. Much like "[insert optional 'so'] what had happened was" only precedes a lame excuse.

What I have noticed is use of the term "you guys" as a plural for "you." Whatever happened to good ole "you"? I am even ok with y'all or you all. I am not a homme, I am a femme. And I don't care that the rest of the world is accepting this as a common usage--even in formal professional settings. I cringe everytime I hear it. Glad to get that out of my system.

So you were saying..?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home