Thursday, August 25, 2005

Math Camp

Ok, so today was the first day of math camp. The best word for it was "wow". It's been about 8 years since I plotted a graph and so I spent several hours during the day wondering if I'd made the right decision (of course I have, but this can be a bit overwhelming at times). Anyway, huge props to my study group members -Courteney, Robyn, Michael, and AK- who are phenomenal people. Not only are they smart as hell, but they've done some amazing things and come from some amazing places- AK is from Iceland! But anyway, a little about what we covered today in math camp.

Day 1- Started with introductions. There are about 60 participants and they've got hidden talents ranging from classical trained ballet to being able to wiggle their ears. After intros, we jumped into algebraic inequalities, quadratic equations, summations, factoring, exponents, logarithms and then solving econ problems and graph plotting. And for all you high school folks who are probably thinking "We just covered quadratic equations yesterday and I'm only in high school", so what? LOL. No seriously, it's interesting when you realize you haven't heard the term "natural log" in almost a decade. Damn, I feel old. Anyway, tomorrow it's on to probabilities and stats.

I'm off to bed. Tired already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home