Tuesday, June 14, 2005

New Toy!!!

I got my new laptop yesterday!! I've named him 'Slick'. Slick is a Dell 610 Latitude- silver case. He has the volume controls on the keyboard and is Bluetooth-enabled. I have two complaints- 1) The ethernet card is designed to not power on if the computer is not plugged into the AC power. So if I'm not plugged in, I can't get an internet connection even though I'm hardwired into the cable modem (I did find an option to change this, and i selected the option, but that didn't do the trick.) 2) My internal Dell wireless card doesn't seem to be compatible with my Netgear router, and I've tried almost everything, even reconfigured the wireless router, checked to be sure the ACL on the router is off, checked the drivers, and rebooted the cable modem. Other computers in the house are connecting fine. The new wireless card sees the network, and the router sees the MAC address, but it's not connecting. I'm going to try to see if Netgear has any updates for the router, and then I guess I'll buy an external wireless card if that doesn't work. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger SgHama said...

Haha.. i've got a Dell D610 as well - it belongs to the firm though! It's a nice laptop but I really have to wonder what the product designers were thinking when they left out the internal microphone!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home