Monday, March 28, 2005

Running a tab...

I've decided to do something interesting on my blog. While there are plenty of people attending/applying to b-school who are able to write a check without blinking, there are a bunch of us skipping on the poverty line to get a better education and open the door to more opportunities. People have said you need to save, but how much should you really expect to spend? So for those other broke people, I've decided to keep a running tab of my own personal expenses (not covered by loans or fellowships), beginning with the application process until graduation for your planning purposes. I haven't decided if I'll just post and update the list, or add the list to the side of my blog. I'll think it over...

Anyway, as of 3/28/05....

9/04 Visit to Stanford (coupled with a cross country trip)....$375
10/04 Application fees to Stanford & Duke....$400
11/04 Visit to Fuqua Ford workshop (hotel covered)....$210
6-10/04 GMAT (3 times).....$675
9/04 Kaplan class.....$1249
8/04 Transcripts from undergrad....$10
3/05 Stanford Admit Weekend....free (skymiles & lodging w/ current students)
3/05 Stanford Deposit...$1000
3/05 Stanford Housing Deposit...$650

...grand total so far = $4569

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home