Sunday, March 27, 2005

Next Steps...

While I was awaiting my admissions decision,I felt like my life (the little bit of one that I do have) was in a holding pattern. And now that I know where I'm headed, it still feels like that. Like I know I'm going to have fun in 6 months but I'm bored as hell right now. You know those rubbery bands you use to tie down stuff in the back of pick-up trucks??? I feel like someone has me tied to some hooks with those things and I'm running in place trying to break lose. Interesting picture, isn't it?

Anyway, planning for this move is obviously the biggest thing on my mind. I have to say that it's a bit discouraging. I've decided that everything must go, as I will be staying in the Schwab Residential Center (paid that deposit too, another $650 gone). So my bed, nightstand, dresser, 2 desks, lamps, couch, coffee tables, dining room furniture must be sold or donated. Not too mention all of my "one day" clothes (one day I'll be able to fit this again- yeah...right.) I'm tagging things in my room as trash, yard sale, or donation. But my car is the drama....

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I LOVE!!! So I refuse to sell it. I drove cross-country last year...so driving is my last and final option. I've looked into a few auto transport places including Fedex Custom Critical. Do you know that they had the audacity to tell me it could take a few days to a few weeks to pick up my car.....To Pick The Car Up???? Come on people, there's got to be a better way. So tomorrow I'm contacting the relocation people at P&G. When I worked for them after college, they shipped my car and it was picked up at an appointed time on a predetermined day and delivered to me in Cincinnati 2 days later. Maybe their relo department can give me the name of the transport company they used. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

Anyway, that's all. I'm off to watch a movie with friends.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with the car transport thing when i decided to move back east. The drive is really not that bad and yours would be shorter than mine. I would personally find a friend, save the money and go shopping!! Have you found out where you'll be living yet? Schwab is the absolutely best, next best are the studios!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home