Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sorry....

Ok, ok, I apologize. I guess people read my blog- so I'm hoping I'm actually apologizing to someone. I won't promise to do better, but I'll definitely try. It's just that ever since I quit that job, I have really been chilling. I figured out what I really want to do with my life after b-school- sit on my behind. Anyway, I have done a few things this summer and I HIGHLY recommend item number 1.

1) MBA Jumpstart- Started by two Fuqua alum who did a WONDERFUL job putting together this event for African-American students who will begin an MBA program at several top b-schools this fall. Jumpstart focused on two primary areas- finance and consulting- and gave students an opp to learn about careers in the fields and to network (and we got some free stuff). Elton and John pulled together some huge sponsors for the event - JPMorganChase, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Banc of America Securities, BCG, and Merill Lynch. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

2) I've been working on the Exce Skills Accessor that Stanford requires, completed my career assessment tests, registered for some pre-term social activities (which, as a heads up, typically have a cost associated with them. School is sucking me DRY and I haven't even started!!), worked on my resume, and paid for math camp. Still have to finish the accounting and get my passport photo for the facebook.

3) And I dropped my car off yesterday to be shipped to Cali.

So that's what's been up with me.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

(this is just after reading the first line of this post) - people do read your blog...and although an apology is not quite in the order, it would be nice if you posted more often....

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Chief Executive & Fashion Officer said...

Hey Forrest Gump,

Ok, since someone's reading my blog, I'm definitely going to post more often. Thanks for reading (an posting)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home