Thursday, December 15, 2005

One more final to go!

Today is the day of my last final for Fall quarter- Thank goodness!! It's been an extremely fast-paced quarter and I'm so glad it's finally over. They say it's the toughest. I hope that's true. Most of my classmates have made plans to go to South America for the holidays- Argentina and Brazil are the big favorites. For those looking for a more productive trip, MBA1 and MBA2 students are venturing off on more organized study trips- this year's locations are Israel, India and Pakistan, the Philippines, and Washington, D.C. for some of the international students. For two weeks, students will meet with CEOs of the largest corporations and top government officials of those regions. For next year, there is talk of going to South Africa. Definitely something to consider if you're applying to the GSB.

In other news, I'm saddened by the announcement from HBS' administration to no longer support the grade non-disclosure policy. Of course this has prompted questions around whether or not other schools, Stanford included, will follow suit. First, let me share some background on this from a Stanford GSB perspective, and then get to that question.

I don't know how other schools have implemented their grade non-disclosure policies. Here at the GSB, it is a student norm. That means that the grade non-disclosure policy is not owned by administration (I'm not sure what the case is for HBS). This is a student policy. We have discussed the policy at length with administration who have shared both sides of the argument with us. As a class, we continue to support grade non-disclosure and we're very passionate about it. (VERY!). So anyway, I feel as though the norm will continue, but that's only up to future classes.

It'll be interesting to how the students at HBS will react and if they will join us in making grade non-disclosure a student-owned policy.

If I don't get a chance to blog again for a little while, Have a safe holiday and good luck to the prospectives still waiting to hear from schools!

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there, I found your blog very informative and helpful. I've read almost all your blog posts and would really love to read more of it. I request you to please start your blog once again. I suggest you also syndicate your blog on popular sites like ManagementParadise.com where you will find millions of like minded people as a ready audience. Keep Blogging. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home